Friday, October 17, 2008

Titou Gorge

.....
This trip was by far my favorite! I wish I could bring everyone I know here! we swam through a narrow path to get to a waterfall at the end. ( where they filmed the sword fight in pirates of the Caribbean. where the pirates are in that round cage.)
The picture of the 2 small springs, the one that is orange is a hot sulfer spring, the other is cold.
vicotor was our tour guide, he saved me from drowning. I was really scared. The waterfall was really powerful Victor even said it was the most powerful it had ever been. Well I was stuck between a wall and the push from the fall. Victor was trying to reach me but I just kept going under. He finally jumped in after me and pushed of the wall and shoved me to Tori who was already in the little cavern by the waterfall where you can stand.


.....

When you look up all you see is a slit of daylight. It was such an amazing swim! The waterfall was beautiful and kinda scary. In the picture is Me Tori and Nellie.



This is the opening of Titou gorge. the water was so crlear blue. There is a narrow path you have to swim through that leads to a waterfall!

If you look closely you can see me! Me and Tori and also one other girl took this crazy jump. There is only about 4 ft. to the other side and so you cannot jump of the ledge you just have to step out and stay straight as a pencil the water is deep and there are no rocks at the bottom! you know me always up for something with a little thrill!

Swimming away so Tori can make the plunge i had to root for her. The jump was kinda scary. Only 3 girls of the 12 jumped and of course our awesome tour guide Victor.

Sorry it's kinda blurry. This is from the inside of the gorge looking out!






No comments: