Sunday, November 16, 2008

Someone's got a crush on Brett!

Brett and I are primary teachers for the 7-12 yr old kids. But before we head upstairs to teach our class we sit in sharing and singing time with all the kids. Today was an especially great day in primary it seamed like every kid was crying and hungry... One girl Marrissa never EVER talks in primary and she hardly ever participates. We don't know why but she just doesn't... Until Brett talks to her!!
!
Marrissa loves Brett! Today we were making a thankful turkey and all the kids got feathers to color what they are thankful for on single feathers and then they were attached to an adorable thankful turkey. Today was no exception for Marrissa, she wasn't talking or participating until Brett took her out of her chair and held her on his lap, Marrissa came alive! she was smiling and coloring and TALKING!  I think Marrissa was on cloud 9 she was holding brett's hands and pretending to lead the music. It was really cute.
In primary the president and I and all the other teachers try to get Marrissa to participate or talk and it just does not happen. Today when I saw how happy she was on Brett's lap I couldn't help to snap a picture to capture this little miracle.
 I must admit I was a little jealous at how happy she was sitting on his lap! who wouldn't be? he is so handsome!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

That's really cute! You had better watch out Kell, I hear little Marissa is quite the charmer!

Marriott's said...

That is way too cute. I would be careful if I were you Kel.