Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good Times

We are so blessed to have such great friends and family! 

Tonight we were able to have dinner at Tacanos in Salt Lake with a few friends from our branch in Dominica. It was so much fun to actually be in America and be with our friends from Dominica. We love that these people are our friends, they are all so wonderful and great. It's good to have friends like these people.  It's kinda sad to me to say good-bye and watch them walk away not knowing when we might get another chance to see them again. But the good thing is that you know they are there for you even though you are not around each other.  

For New Years Eve we had dinner at Grandpa Checketts' we ate yummy lasagna and breadsticks. It was so nice to get to see all our cousins and their new families. Jen's Baby London is such a doll!!!

After Dinner we played bunko as New Years Eve Tradition. Between Brett and I  we made 2.00! we figure thats a good amount to start our children's college fund! :)  

Speaking of children... is it just me or does everyone have a baby? I swear maybe the lord is sending me a message but I have held so many babies since we have been home. I love it! Babies are so fun and cute! Even my Yorkie dog Koellie has two babies!  ha ha but really no babies for us for a while.

We have had a few family parties on both sides of our family and have picked up all the things we think we will need for the Bahamas. We are going to go to the temple soon and after that I think we are ready to head for the Bahamas! 

We are very very excited to get there and get settled in.

Tonight was a blast! to get to chill with friends from the island!

2 comments:

Amy said...

ought-oh! it sounds like you have the baby bug. RESIST! Resist my friend! Seriously, hold out for awhile and enjoy married life with just you and Brett. Kent and I waited 4 years and I think it was one of the best things we could have done for our marriage, for our future kids, and for ourselves individually. Just enjoy other peoples babies plus, there's a positive side to that - you can give them back to their parents when they cry or need their diapers changed. Have a safe trip back to your new home.

Brett and Kellie Burtenshaw said...

ha ha! yeah yeah! I know. we agree with you. we are not ready yet. we want to spend some married time together. Thanks for the advice. And for the safety wishes. :)