Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day & Liat Airline




I am truly blessed to be married to Brett! I love him so much, and I feel so loved by him. This last weekend was Valentine’s Day and we decided to not do anything big no gifts or anything like that. So Saturday I woke up to some yummy smelling coffee cake! He had woke up early and made Breakfast for me! I thought that was an awesome V-day gift. But the cuteness didn’t stop there. When I had gotten home from Babysitting he had cleaned the whole house! It smelled so nice! He then made dinner for me! Then after dinner we walked down to the beach, and watched the sun set!
This is my favorite part, while the sun was setting Brett grabbed me close and we danced on the beach while the sun was setting… Oh yeah we also wrote I love you in the sand it was really cute!
Sounds like a love story doesn’t it!

I loved it. We walked home and we watched the NBA dunk championship. Nate Robinson 5'8" won the Dunk Championship by dunnking over Dwight howard 6'11" Last years Dunk Champion.

It was the most fun and romantic and fun Valentine’s Day I have ever had.

You could say I am bragging about how great my husband is and I would say I don’t care I like to brag about him. I know his life is very busy and I contribute to the business but I never feel like he is too busy for me. He always makes me feel loved and special no matter what. Brett always helps me with dinner and the house. He is always surprising me with funny things. I am so grateful.

On a meaner note.

I know my friends from Dominica will understand but a lot of you who read this may not. The only airline that you can catch a flight with to Dominica is called Liat.



Liat is a terrible terrible airline! In the past they have lost our luggage for a week! And the first time I used my new luggage from my Grandma they ripped a huge gash in the side of it. They stole Bretts cell phone from his luggage and just have a terrible terrible reputation. They have changed our flights without telling us and plain out cancelled flight without telling us. They are scary to do business with. I know some of you know what I am talking about. Well here is the story: We don’t use our credit cards except to purchase airline tickets mostly and so we haven’t been checking our credit card statements on line as much but the other day Brett had a feeling he should check it. So he checked it and he found that Liat had just barely charged us 500.00!!!! just the other day! We haven’t even been in that country for a few months and haven’t bought anything from them since October. Well Brett contacted American Express and they are looking into it and he also is in contact with some Liat worker who could care less if they are scamming us. Anyway that’s not the best part!!! It gets better! So American Express is investigating and Brett didn’t want to just wait to see what they had to say and so he went through all of our statements and guess what he found. The trip that we got charged for was our honeymoon flight that Liat cancelled on us before we took it! He also found that they charged us for the flight when we booked it and when they cancelled the flight they charged us again instead of taking it off or cancelling the payment. So far this airline has charges us over 1000.00 for a flight that they cancelled and we never took. The Lady Brett is in contact with from Liat called him FOUL! Can you believe it! He has never cussed or called names just said they are not reliable and their company needs to get their act together. I really hate that airline. Anyway I am glad I have a blog I can vent. I know some of you feel our pain when it comes to Liat and I wish we never had to do business with them! If it wasn’t such a monopoly!
Anyway good luck to those of you who still have to fly Liat. Don’t leave anything in your bags of value.

Those Loveable Zany Idiots At LIAT Airlines Still Pulling The Ultimate Practical Joke… “Welcome To Your Vacation - Your Luggage Will Be Here In A Week!” HA HA HA!!!!!

Flying LIAT? You Might Want To FedEX Your Luggage!
Time and time again it happens with LIAT, so it must be a deliberate joke.
Nobody, but nobody, is this incompetent.
Right?

Ha ha I hate Liat!

3 comments:

Marriott's said...

That really sucks about that stupid airline. I hope you guys can get everything figured out and get your money back. I would be so mad. I probably would have said a few choice words. I am proud of your husband for not saying any.

Chelsie said...

I am not so much a fan of LIAT either....... and now I'm freaked out that we have been charged incorrectly too and I'm checking our statements! Good luck dealing with it, that is so frustrating!!

Sounds like Valentines Day was Amazing though! Tell Brett good job!

Krista Adamow said...

OH I HATE LIAT!!!!! I hope everything gets worked out. American Express should take care of it, no problem. Liat will have to provide proof that you actually purchased those tickets which we all know they don't have. Sorry you have to still deal with the most worthless company on the face of the earth!! (I am obviously one of your readers that can understand your frustrations!!) Hope you guys are doing well.