Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update







Well we have been on Freeport Grand Bahamas Island for almost a month now, and we decided we love it here!






The only challnenge we have faced is transportation.



Our neighbor gave us this sweet tricycle and Brett rode it to school last week.

I wanted to ride it too but apparently the door has been bolted shut and I can't fit our trike through only one side of the door I need them both opened. Man you should have seen me pounding on that door trying to get it open, I really worked up a sweat and was really frustrated! Then I looked up and saw the metal piece newly screwed to the door. I was so frustrated but at the same time relieved that I didn't ask anyone for help and then felt dumb when they pointed out why the door wouldn't open. We have seen a lot of cool thinngs here. Start fish, a shark, cool buildings. Brett's first test is coming up this coming monday. Wish him luck. He has been studying so hard. I know he will do great, but it's stillnot the funnest thing for him to have to go through.



The school here is sooo nice. Everything in Brand New and Brett loves it. They clean the school often and take good care of the students. Brett studies really well at the school.



We rented a scooter this past weekend and next to Brett it is the love of my life. ha ha! we used it to go to a baptism saturday and also church and all over. It was fun to have and take rides. We are thinking about getting one, but are not sure yet it's kinda expensive.






It has been cold here the last little while and a little rainy. It has got down in the fifties. The Bahemians are freesing and have beanies and coats and all we have are jackets on. They look at us like we are nuts but they don't realize we just came here form Utah where it's so freezing cold that the fifties for us is nice.






Well we love you all and hope you are enjoying life as much as we are. :)

2 comments:

Chris and Maddi said...

:) So my favorite picture is how Brett has his pants tucked in to ride the bike. That's pretty classic...

Brett and Kellie Burtenshaw said...

ha ha he always does that! it's funny!