Sunday, June 7, 2009

The trip home

So being back in Utah was fun! I loved the familiarity of it all. Despite being away for almost a year not much has changed there. I got in around midnight and we went home to sleep for a few hours then we were back at the airport the next day to Get Elder Call! That was really fun. As soon as he was with us again it felt like he had never left. I was really expecting him to be a lot more wierd than he actually was. I think that first day was super hard on him... he didn't want to go anywhere or do anything... he kept looking over his shoulder for his comp. Anyway despite that it was a nice day. We went and watched Casey do some team roping at a little rodeo that night The announcer was a kid who went to the same mission as Matt and so he announced that Elder Call came home today from the Micronesia Guam mission and that he would be dancing at the dance after the rodeo... Matt was sitting in the car about 1 minute after that ready to go home. I felt for him... The week was nuts so much to do and so little time.. I wanted to see everybody but that was difficult to do. i was lucky most the people I wanted to see came to Matts homecoming and Casey's farewell... Thier talks went well. And there were lots of people over at the house after. Then it was Casey's turn to have a hard time. The day he was to be getting set apart was really hard for him I think he really was sad to leave shalea behind. AnywayI guess the MTC has some cases of the swin flu. So the fam wasn't able to go into the MTC and by that time I was already in Dallas. I am really glad for Matt for accomplishing 2 years of service and I am so happy for Casey to be doing it as well. Living here in the Bahamas you really see the fruits and labors of missionary work differently than you do in Utah. I love seeing the missionaries every sunday and I think of my brothers. My favorite part about being home was the day mom, dad, me, matt and casey all went to the temple together. That was really cool! I always waited for the day when I would be able to go not thinking how awesome it would be if my family was there with me. Also another favorite part was monday night I made dinner for the family, parmesian chicken and had shalea, and my two best friends over Jackie and Alissa and the fam all ate dinner and played games after.
If you are thinking that these look like they could be my kids I think so too.& I wish they were!
These are our neices Paige and Sadie and our cute nephew quin! I was so lucky I could get to see them this trip. We had dinner and danced and read books, it was so much fun!
I wish I could have seen all of our family but I will be back in August and we both will be coming back in November so it won't be too much longer.
One of the absolute hardest things about being home in Utah was remembering to drive on the right hand side of the road! I started out on the left many times and the boys would always laugh and remind me to switch at least before we hit country corner.
by the time everything started to settle down I was ready to fly home to Brett. I think if he would have been there with me it would have been easier to stay longer.... Kyles twin bed just insn't the same and home and Brett! :)

The fun game is the best this is how you play:
rules:
everyone gets 5 strips of paper.
everyone writes a persons name on the paper. ( ex: gumbi, obama, moses....etc... it has to be someone most of the people playing will know... so if you are playing with Katie and Cambree you would put cinderella or Dora the explora) ( playing with my family we had about 10 clint eastwoods in the bowl!)
then you fold and put all the names in a bowl
divide into teams 1 & 2
Round 1 -each player pulls names out and says anything they can to get thier team to say the name. once the team guesses the name grab another until 1 minute is up.
Round 2 -each player can only say one word to describe the name on the paper. ( ex: if I had papa snurf I would probably say blue. If I had Obama I would say president.) Once the team guesses the name grab another until the minute is up.
Round 3 - each player grabs a name but cannot make any noise to describe the name. you can only act it out. you can't even say hmmm... ( ex: if I had pop eye, I would immitate strong muscles and eating spinache.)
the team with the most points after all 3 rounds wins!
It's called the fun game for a reason...it's really fun!

2 comments:

Daren and Andrea said...

Holy cow! Matt's back already. Two years flew right by. I was thinking about him the other day. And I'm so excited for Casey.
I'm so excited you were here for both of them.

Chelsie said...

Kellie,

I'm so glad you got to go home and spend time with your brothers! (And obviously your family and friends too) The fun game sounds fun, I think we'll give it a try!

Miss you guys!!